Electrical safety and reliability
Electrical safety and reliability be it on mine sites, camps or offshore projects is crucial to preventing breakdowns, downtime, loss of production or room availability, LTI’s and most important of all fatalities.
Tic Tag Systems utilise and refer to all relevant Australian standards, regulations and governing bodies to ensure your site is meeting its Occupational Safety & Health obligations at all times, including:
- Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760:2010
- Mine Safety & Inspection Regulations 1995
All WA mining operations have a Testing and Tagging requirement for maintaining all electrical equipment in accordance with MSI regulation 5.27. Mines Safety & Inspection Regulations 1995; regulation 5.27 of the MSI regulations prescribes that each responsible person at a mine site must ensure that a maintenance system is in place, so as to provide a safe workplace and to ensure that electrical equipment and installations are maintained in a safe working order.
The maintenance systems used on mine sites, camps and offshore projects must include 3 monthly Testing & Tagging of any portable appliances normally used in heavy operating environments, such as workshops, mining areas, processing areas and constructions sites. Ofﬁces and stationary equipment including those in accommodation camps may be tested and inspected with less frequency as the risk and damage to equipment in these environments is greatly reduced.
Tic Tag Systems perform a range of electrical services for some of the worlds largest mining and energy companies with operations in Western Australia including:
- Statutory electrical compliance
- Electrical tagging (PAT Testing)
- RCD (safety switch) testing
- Electrical installation and maintenance
What Do Our Customers Say About Us?
- “We will definitely be using Tic Tag Systems again and would recommend them to any other major players in our industry who value excellent service, competitive pricing and an attitute to the job that is, quite frankly, second to none.”Bog PoveyRegional OH&S Advisor, Barrick Gold
- “They managed to work around our night shift occupants and had the whole 200 man camp complete within under two days. We look forward to having Tic Tag Systems back again next year”.Alan HowardCamp Manager, Numans Collie Hills
- “I view Tic Tag as a quality organisation and can state categorically that the products and services they have supplied have increased site productivity. Ease of use, equipment portability and the product knowledge which the Tic Tag people have on tap are exemplary.”Phil SchubertElectrical Services Manager, Powertech